• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Preflight Rotation Question

jasonx

Hey guys,

New user to onyx coming from Versaworks.

If I am printing on 54" media and I want to import a file that is 5000mm wide by 1000mm height and its designed this way. When I open it in pre-flight it clips the image. If I select the rotate 90 degrees option and click apply it rotates it but still leaves my file clipped.

How do I bring in a file rotate it and have it the full file size as in the actual file?

I've looked in the manual but unless I haven't read the right section I am missing something.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Jason

Bly

It it cropping the file or reducing it to fit?
It usually reduces the file size to fit when I do that.
If you know it will fit, select rotate 90 degrees and scale 1:1 before clicking apply and it will be the correct size.
If it won't fit you'll have to enable tiling in that tab.

jasonx

It it cropping the file or reducing it to fit?
It usually reduces the file size to fit when I do that.
If you know it will fit, select rotate 90 degrees and scale 1:1 before clicking apply and it will be the correct size.
If it won't fit you'll have to enable tiling in that tab.

Cheers I wasn't setting the magnification to 1:1 when rotating it which was causing my grief.

Do you know of any training dvds etc for Onyx or is it all in the manual?

Bly

Most of it's in the online help.
There's a bit of stuff on their website too.