• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ONYX Print and cut many copies

richsweeney

I have to print 51 sheets 54 x 36 of the same file. I want separate register marks for each sheet. Is there a way to do this automatically, like with a script command?

particleman

I assume you're using Onyx registration marks, not marks in the file. If so then what mikepro suggests won't work.

What you need to do is create a new page size and make it a sheet instead of roll. Set it the max width to the max width of your printer and the length should be a little more than the size of your file (since you are using onyx marks.) Now when you print each file it fits on one sheet so you will get registration marks for each one.

HaroldDesign

:clapping: I was wondering about this a couple days ago! :goodpost:
I assume you're using Onyx registration marks, not marks in the file. If so then what mikepro suggests won't work.

What you need to do is create a new page size and make it a sheet instead of roll. Set it the max width to the max width of your printer and the length should be a little more than the size of your file (since you are using onyx marks.) Now when you print each file it fits on one sheet so you will get registration marks for each one.

signswi

Actually what MikePro states will absolutely work. It's annoying as you have to click "print" 50 times but whatever.

The other way to do it is with the layout tool. Set up the file in layout, make sure cut paths are on, rip and print 50 copies.