• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx print color difference question

jason91

Hey can anybody help me figure out why its doing this cyan color difference? Both blues where exported thru coreldraw as 100% cyan...both are vectors not bitmaps in the image at all... they look identical in job editor and in rip-que...but when i print they are different...Its not a big difference, but it looks like one is about 10 percent darker. any ideas? image below... Thank You

Attachments

• IMG_2402.jpg
    IMG_2402.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 345

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you have any effects going on this file? Maybe that one part of the design got caught up in the effect and was rasterized along with it unintentionally?

jason91

Do you have any effects going on this file? Maybe that one part of the design got caught up in the effect and was rasterized along with it unintentionally?
only effect i got in the file is gradients and i got an engine turn in the file... but the actual cyan is a vector...both cyan shapes are vectors

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
If you could upload the file (or send privately), I'm sure someone could figure out the issue pretty quickly.
Until then, we're stabbing in the dark.

jason91

If you could upload the file (or send privately), I'm sure someone could figure out the issue pretty quickly.
Until then, we're stabbing in the dark.
here is part of the file... it will only let me send as a pdf

Attachments

• 21hayes-22.pdf
    381.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

dypinc

here is part of the file... it will only let me send as a pdf
The only difference I can find it the outline of the logo is set to Eofill and the blue stripe is set to Fill. Some info about that. https://printplanet.com/threads/eo-fill.14285/

Now whether that would make a difference in the output value your RIP rasterizes it to I don't know. Can you check the output values in the RIP and replace one of them so they both match?

For what it is worth I ran your PDF through the Cologate RIP and the CMed output values are the same.

What RIP are you using and are you sending the PDF file?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've never seen this be an issue before now in my career, but it is an option I never even knew was there...
I saw that there was an appearance/attributes difference by selecting both paths at the same time.
In the attributes panel, one of the fills is set as "use non-zero winding fill rule" where the other is set at "use even odd fill rule".
I'm not sure why Onyx recognizes and fills them as slightly different colors though, but people in the links below are experiencing somewhat similar issues with the same feature.

Attachments

• evenodd.JPG
    evenodd.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 115

jason91

The only difference I can find it the outline of the logo is set to Eofill and the blue stripe is set to Fill. Some info about that. https://printplanet.com/threads/eo-fill.14285/

Now whether that would make a difference in the output value your RIP rasterizes it to I don't know. Can you check the output values in the RIP and replace one of them so they both match?

For what it is worth I ran your PDF through the Cologate RIP and the CMed output values are the same.

What RIP are you using and are you sending the PDF file?
Not really sure what your asking, but it’s a jaws rip thru onyx and I’m exporting it out of Corel x6

jason91

I've never seen this be an issue before now in my career, but it is an option I never even knew was there...
I saw that there was an appearance/attributes difference by selecting both paths at the same time.
In the attributes panel, one of the fills is set as "use non-zero winding fill rule" where the other is set at "use even odd fill rule".
I'm not sure why Onyx recognizes and fills them as slightly different colors though, but people in the links below are experiencing somewhat similar issues with the same feature.
But I’m working outta coreldraw not illustrator

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Just ripped this in our Onyx and it's claiming the exact same CMYK values for both blues.
I'll see if I can do a test print tomorrow and see what happens.