• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ONYX profile for die cut sticker making. Which one works best?

I'm running HP Latex 360 and I'm printing decals and stickers. Typically they're small stickers about 4" x 5". I print on two types of vinyl. Orajet 3651M and Ritrama high tack intermediate vinyl. When I use their official ICC profile I downloaded from their website I notice graininess and the text looks a bit fuzzy. 12pass, 600DPI.

Then when I switch the profile to HP Matte Permanente adhesive vinyl at 10pass 600DPI, the color looks so much better and much less graininess. Amazing how much of a difference it is.

What ONYX profile do you all use for stickers and small decals? I really need to print clear text with the minimal amount of graininess. Lol...don't we all.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Honestly it’s probably trial and error to see what works best on your particular machine unless you want to go down the route of creating your own profiles.

Every machine will be different and have different environmental factors. You could buy two of the exact same machine, plug them in right next to each other and they could produce different colours with the exact same profile on the exact same media. Creating your own profiles helps to keep everything consistent. Gives you more control over quality.

That said, if you can find a profile that works for you and save yourself a lot of time/effort, go right ahead. There’s probably just a bit of trial and error to see which one suits you.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
12 pass may just have too much ink or too little optimizer for small details.
I would really only use 8 pass for anything that needs to look good and 6 pass for everything else on vinyl.
Be sure to add color bars in Onyx to make small letters sharper.
Also if the HP profile looks good you can just clone that and make a new color calibration and ICC.