• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx question: what trim markings work when you have a tiled job with no contrast?

depps74

I am printing a job that is mostly white with texts in the middle of each tile, (not printing white the white of the material). Being that the tiles are material white, what is the best marking system for trimming them so no marks are left in the overlaps etc.. pic attached

Printer HP315
ONYX 18.5.0.2209

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 12.54.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 12.54.14 PM.png
    477.8 KB · Views: 225

victor bogdanov

yes manually, is it possible to cut these another way with registration marks like for print and cut stickers?
easy job for a flatbed cutter. Pretty easy manually if you have a keencut or similar.

Straight edge and box cutter also works, don't rush and you'll get a nice cut. Panel in illustrator/corel and add the marks you'll need if not sure about how to do it in onyx

depps74

Onyx will print the marks for you (outside of print area)

I watched it, but the tile marks they provide are printed in the overlap areas, so installer has to line up the tiles over these lines, where an image with contrast you just line up the image? I am confused a little, but I think I get it, gonna try a small test

depps74

I tried this method, every which way but the marks are really weird. I don't even know what to make of them. SEE PICS THE THICK BLACK LINE IS A TEST GRAPHIC). I need a solid line around the entire tile, not crop marks and definitely not marks within the print area. Getting desperate here, deadline approaching and spent all day trying every way possible

Attachments

• IMG_4247.jpg
    IMG_4247.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4245.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4246.jpg
    IMG_4246.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 55