• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx rip centar 12 + W10

Borism25

After we brought the Epson S30610 to my workshop, the guys told me that I could expect problems with W10, so they brought with them a backup PC with Windows 7 and the machine worked as expected.
Can someone tell me if there are any problems with onyx 12 and W10, or if I should really install W7 on another computer, as they say it has some issues with W10.
When I tried to install onyx software through Virtual Box on Windows 7, I think the key wasn't recognized and the installation couldn't be completed.

Last edited:
I don't have any problems with Onyx 12 on windows 10 that I didn't also have on windows 7. When I made the switch, I just kept the old windows 7 computer around for a couple months in case I needed to switch back.

Borism25

Thnx for reply, I just install rip and everything is working, I bump on one problem when start installing, when I try to import all profiles i get this error "can't read from inflate stream invalit bit lenght repeat". Only profiles that i can import was with "GS" marked, but Epson S30610 use GS2 colors - I can't load any GS2 profile. I load only few profiles just to start rip, I try to print with vinyl profile on paper, I see that is pretty thick layer of paint, How I can load some generic profile for paper and vinyl. I also have xrite eye one, is it possible somehow to create my own profile? I have expirience with SAI and color profiles but not with ONYX.

Attachments

• import paper.png
    import paper.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 98

frankzilla

I had ONYX 12 GamaPrint for running an S80600 and Windows 10 had issues with me running it. I had to upgrade to Onyx 19 to fix things, but then another issue of Fotoba lines didn't work correctly as a problem with Onyx 19.

For running Windows 7 in VirtualBox, you'll need to configure settings to be able to let the machine communicate "outside" the box with local USB ports since it is usually contained for security.

If only Onyx 12 was still working fine, I would have had no issues and saved myself plenty of software monies.

Onyx 22 fixes a lot of stuff and works well if you ever have to upgrade to it. RIP is also a lot faster as stated, but could also be the newer computer and Windows 11 for me. I couldn't operate with Epson Edge Print anymore wasting so much time ripping entire rolls set up for print for my R5070PE. Was able to dial profiles for passes and speed up printing times by 30%. RIP times sped up 90% vs EEP.