• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx RIP issue

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I am having an issue with Onyx displaying everything fine in job editor on a 96"x30" banner, but when it is sent to the queue the thumbnail displays correctly, but on the print preview shows the 96" length has been condensed, and prints condensed around 4". I am working with art that is a PDF created in Illustrator that does have transparency. I have tried using TIFs, JPGs (both exported from AI and rasterized in PhotoShop) and have not been able to get any of them to work. I have spoken to Onyx and they are saying it is my file and the solution is to design it differently?! The Onyx rep told me he had been there for a year. I am hoping someone might be able to give me some insight on how I can get this fixed.

OnyxCapture.JPG

I am so tired of having Onyx tell me there software won't do some of the things I have seen it. They tell me I shouldn't be using the patterns feature for print cut etc. I really don't feel their support is worth a damn, they have never solved one issues, just showed work arounds that take longer.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
create a blank file with the same size in both Ai and Ps and see if it does that.
then i'd check your quickset you're using. could be importing it and resizing the height only.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
No quick set was set up for the media, I am bringing the into the job editor.\
Onyx is fail. I am going to re-install tomorrow.

This RIP used top be great, and now support is sine Jack Ass who thinks hie word is final/

Get used to eating duck , Josh. You have been with Onyx 1 year telling me I am doing it wrong and have been for 20 yeas of more?
eat a penis, you fucking fraud

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Did you want to upload the file and one of many people running Onyx can try it?

Alternatively, try this file which has the same dimensions as yours and let us know what it does...

Attachments

• TestFile.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

Uniscreen

I am having an issue with Onyx displaying everything fine in job editor on a 96"x30" banner, but when it is sent to the queue the thumbnail displays correctly, but on the print preview shows the 96" length has been condensed, and prints condensed around 4". I am working with art that is a PDF created in Illustrator that does have transparency. I have tried using TIFs, JPGs (both exported from AI and rasterized in PhotoShop) and have not been able to get any of them to work. I have spoken to Onyx and they are saying it is my file and the solution is to design it differently?! The Onyx rep told me he had been there for a year. I am hoping someone might be able to give me some insight on how I can get this fixed.

View attachment 169859

I am so tired of having Onyx tell me there software won't do some of the things I have seen it. They tell me I shouldn't be using the patterns feature for print cut etc. I really don't feel their support is worth a damn, they have never solved one issues, just showed work arounds that take longer.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the profile, and maybe ultimately onyx. I have seen this happen before and I dont believe its file related.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
No quick set was set up for the media, I am bringing the into the job editor.\
Onyx is fail. I am going to re-install tomorrow.

This RIP used top be great, and now support is sine Jack Ass who thinks hie word is final/

Get used to eating duck , Josh. You have been with Onyx 1 year telling me I am doing it wrong and have been for 20 yeas of more?
eat a penis, you fucking fraud
Did you smash the keyboard typing that?

Fechin

Open the .Ai file in Photoshop and save the as a .Psd that is flat and has no transparency if it doesn't already.