• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx sending data to printer speed

jasonx

Does the colorado act like a latex printer or does the job fully send to the printer then you select the job on the printer and process it from there?

Bly

Does the colorado act like a latex printer or does the job fully send to the printer then you select the job on the printer and process it from there?

The jobs spool to the printer and there's a queue on a little touch screen.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I do prefer it that way. You can line up as many jobs as you want on as many different media’s and the Colorado won’t try print them until you load the right media that’s the right width. Essentially a hold queue on the Colorado.

Means onyx is clear and it’s only the jobs you still need to work on that are in there.

That and if your connection is prone to dropping out mid print etc it’s not a problem at all, full job is already spooled to the printer.

mdjamesd

While we don't do as much as some of you guys.....

I had my designer layout images to fill a particular area...lets say 49" x 90".
I rip that job, then input quantities.
Tell Onyx to print jobs individually.

If/when the media runs out, I can use the Epson LFP Accounting tool to find out just how many copies have been printed.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I do prefer it that way. You can line up as many jobs as you want on as many different media’s and the Colorado won’t try print them until you load the right media that’s the right width. Essentially a hold queue on the Colorado.

Means onyx is clear and it’s only the jobs you still need to work on that are in there.

That and if your connection is prone to dropping out mid print etc it’s not a problem at all, full job is already spooled to the printer.

Yep!. but the upload to printer is real slow. but that's the way i like.

While we don't do as much as some of you guys.....

I had my designer layout images to fill a particular area...lets say 49" x 90".
I rip that job, then input quantities.
Tell Onyx to print jobs individually.

If/when the media runs out, I can use the Epson LFP Accounting tool to find out just how many copies have been printed.

that's not a to bad of a way. for us, the quickest and most simple way is the best.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’ve never had any issues with PC to Colorado. We can send a full roll worth in about a minute or so. Our PC isn’t top of the range or anything either. Just slightly better than the spec canon recommended for running the Colorado.

Don’t have a flatbed yet so can’t speak for that lol

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I’ve never had any issues with PC to Colorado. We can send a full roll worth in about a minute or so. Our PC isn’t top of the range or anything either. Just slightly better than the spec canon recommended for running the Colorado.

Don’t have a flatbed yet so can’t speak for that lol

What's your PC Spec?
Next time you send a roll, go to task manager and see what speeds you're sending at under your ethernet connection.