• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help ONYX steps creating ICC

petit

HY

We are using ONYX for a few month now and we can't get to the ink density menu in the ICC ONYX creating steps.
It tell to read the sample when we are in the calibrate menu, read with a Spectrophotometer only and by the way we do not have one.
I was wondering if there'a way to overtake this and enter into density settings.
The purpose is the gain into color brightness and also get warmer color.. We are using a 80600 set in CMYKOR in ONYX. From now on we are using the DefaultCMYKOR ICC.

Thanks for watching

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Wasn't there some extra wide gamut profile from Epson for that printer. I would try that first before messing with the profile because if you don't have the spectro you will mess it up.

FrankW

Does the 80600 dont have a contone mode? Are you asked for halftone profiling when starting the profiler?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You can't do much without a spectrophotometer.
All you can do is edit the ICC profile in an existing media profile.

Goldenstateprint

Wasn't there some extra wide gamut profile from Epson for that printer. I would try that first before messing with the profile because if you don't have the spectro you will mess it up.
I have this EpsonWideCMYK icc profile that balstestrat is referring to if you need it Petit. The profile prints brighter and more saturated colors but not necessarily warmer colors.

petit

Here are pictures of what i want and what i get, i use the CMYKORdefault ICC and i can't get them with Swatch Books trying every settings . The Bright RED i want is always bloody or too orange. The GREEN i get is always poor in brightness.

Attachments

• 1642757459058.jpg
    1642757459058.jpg
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 1642757459058.jpg
    1642757459058.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 155

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You're never going to achieve a green that vibrant without a dedicated green ink channel, which the S80 doesn't have.
You should be able to get a little bit closer to the Honda red though. I'm pretty sure we've matched it before on some jobs.

petit

You're never going to achieve a green that vibrant without a dedicated green ink channel, which the S80 doesn't have.
You should be able to get a little bit closer to the Honda red though. I'm pretty sure we've matched it before on some jobs.
Oh that's pretty bad news for the green. ONYX support told me to try to save files in RGB and print. If you have an idea to match the Red closer please do tell me.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Yes, using RGB files you will get brighter colours, so that should help with your reds. To be honest, your greens look very good, so I'm not sure you'll get any closer.
We print RGB 255,0,0 to get the brightest possible reds.

petit

Ok i'll try that. But there is something i can't understand in theses ICC setups, for example i've found a good color profile for the RED but the density is too low even printing 100% in M,Y and RED ink.
the ink limit is already set to the maximum of 400 in the ICC set ups. How then can i amplify this color density?

chinaski

You can't do much without a spectrophotometer.
All you can do is edit the ICC profile in an existing media profile.
I'm continually baffled how this isn't standard practice for all print operators, especially when dealing with specific brand colors.

cyclerc

Here are pictures of what i want and what i get, i use the CMYKORdefault ICC and i can't get them with Swatch Books trying every settings . The Bright RED i want is always bloody or too orange. The GREEN i get is always poor in brightness.
In the same boat but using mimaki