• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Summa auto sheet cut?

dan1942

I am using Onyx Thrive and I am trying to get it to do a sheet cut automatically in between cut contour jobs using the. I want to be able to load a roll of printed decals and then have the summa cut off after each job between the barcodes . Is this possible?

dan1942

OK I just got off the phone with Onyx and they stated they do not have that functionality right now :frustrated: . oh well

AF

ColorGate recently added that feature, if you find yourself looking for an alternative RIP.

FrankW

OK I just got off the phone with Onyx and they stated they do not have that functionality right now :frustrated: . oh well

Of course they have it.

Attached please find two screendumps, one for Thrive 10.2, the other for Thrive 11.1. Be shure to set up a S-Class-driver, because a S-Class is the only summa cutter who have the automatic cutter.

When doing jobs of this kind, perhaps the summa take-up (for 140 and 160 only) can be a useful extension for your plotter. The take-up will wind every finished contour job (or panel when doing OPO panelling or regular panelling).

Attachments

• onyx_cut_off_10_2.jpg
    onyx_cut_off_10_2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 292
  • onyx_cut_off_11_1.jpg
    onyx_cut_off_11_1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 292

dan1942

Of course they have it.

Attached please find two screendumps, one for Thrive 10.2, the other for Thrive 11.1. Be shure to set up a S-Class-driver, because a S-Class is the only summa cutter who have the automatic cutter.

When doing jobs of this kind, perhaps the summa take-up (for 140 and 160 only) can be a useful extension for your plotter. The take-up will wind every finished contour job (or panel when doing OPO panelling or regular panelling).

Frank you are AWESOME!!!! I just tried it and everything worked! I am thinking the take up reel might still be a better option as when it does the sheet cut the sheet starts to fall quicker then the sheet cut cuts causing a jam near the end closes to the summa lcd screen.
THanks again I cant believe that Onyx support stated it was not possible when I called yesterday. I also cant believe I missed that option when I was looking yesterday.
Dan

FrankW

You're Welcome :) . Strange that Onyx announce something wrong. Perhaps a communication problem.

ONYX Mgt

Sorry about the mis-information from Onyx Graphics. This issue has been reviewed with ONYX Tech Support so we will not make this mistake again in the future.

lennybennett

Frank you give me hope. I sat down all excited to do this change but failed to get the screens you have shown . I’m on onyx poster shop 12……. Any idea you or onyx? Thanks in advance (I really need this feature) summa s2t 160

Attachments

• CF10BB7D-0BAA-4B97-BDDF-4B75AC01E1DF.jpeg
    CF10BB7D-0BAA-4B97-BDDF-4B75AC01E1DF.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 126
  • F2221FA6-07CE-455D-B10B-978FBDF35CD6.jpeg
    F2221FA6-07CE-455D-B10B-978FBDF35CD6.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 142