• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Thrive/Cut Server with Multiple Graphtec FC9000s

Derrick Freese

I'm trying to set up a second Graphtec FC9000 with Onyx. I want one Graphtec to only do the Kiss-cuts, and the other one to only do Thru-cuts. In the RIP-Queue I can duplicate the original FC9000 and give it a different name and have different Quick Sets assign the cutter that I want to use for each job, but in Cut Server if I try to make a second Graphtec all of the cut files go into the same FC9000 folder with all of the layers turned on. There doesn't seem to be an issue with either Graphtec reading the same barcode and pulling up the correct files.
Does anyone know if there is a way that I would be able to set up the Graphtec's so one will ignore Thru-cuts and the other will ignore Kiss-cuts?

Attachments

• Cut Server Manage Cutters.PNG
    Cut Server Manage Cutters.PNG
    32 KB · Views: 278
  • RIP cutter manager.PNG
    RIP cutter manager.PNG
    176.3 KB · Views: 164

jfiscus

Rap Master
You might have to call Onyx through your service agreement and see if they can help. I'd bet you're not going to be able to accomplish this though. Onyx/Graphtec are hard to get to work together, took us 3 months to get them to make cut-server work correctly for us here to just do simple roll to roll barcodes. Graphtec's solution is always to "just use their software", which is not part of our workflow.

I know the cut files are stored in simple XML files, not sure if you could edit those files or if that is even possible or feasible to split the data.

Derrick Freese

I know the cut files are stored in simple XML files, not sure if you could edit those files or if that is even possible or feasible to split the data.
Ya, I'm able to do some tweaking in the xml files. I may have to see if there's a way to have Cut Server cut to folder and then see if I can get Graphtec's program to work the way I'm wanting.