• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx won't RIP double sided profile

MMPLarge Format

So we got this new material from Grimco called Duratex 8ML Blockout Display Film. I was directed by a Grimco Advisor to download a profile from HP's media locator called Cooley's Double Sided Super Smooth. My goal here is to print 4"x6" double sided graphics, place optically clear mounting adhesive on one side and then cut them out on my graphtec. Only thing is, for some reason when i use Onyx presets and tell it doublesided, it won't rip at all. It sits there as a "Pre-Preview" and then eventually causes Onyx to stop responding. This is a big project and I would really like to figure it out instead of having to outsource the job. Anybody have any ideas as to why it won't rip? Maybe the profile didn't get downloaded fully? The profile was bad?

dypinc

It rips single sided but not double sided.

Then there is nothing wrong with profile. I suppose onyx is still like when I last tested it and will not give a reason why it won't RIP if set to two sided.

Any chance setting your setting it 2 sided on the printer also and Onyx doesn't like that?

MMPLarge Format

No i hadn't done anything with the printer yet in terms of any double sided settings. I may have just pressed something wrong i guess? This is the first time i have had an issue like this though. Sometimes it'll do it if the file is too big but that's just cause my computer is slow and has a hard time processing big files.