• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx X10 Layout Tool slow

Dave Rowland

I dont use it much but I have just done a 5mtr x 1520mm layout using 4 PDF sources and some of them are "copies" so they duplicated.

It has been 20-30mins so far and it seems to be taking ages to make a print file, slower then Wasatch layout tool.

Is the Onyx layout tool not using decent formulas for duplication? Once Ripped why rip again.

The double xeon I am using is just at 91% CPU on both and taking forever! I am pretty sure running this Onyx in the normal way without Layout would have been quicker.

I understand the next version on Onyx will be APPE engine, i heard this from a supplier, may JAWs is the bottleneck

Mal Ross

Mal Ross
onyx 10

Yes my onyx 1 x10 take ages to process in jaws... What going on. Is there a wat I can empy a cache or ...anything to speed it up...takes hours to rip even small jobs

?? Mal

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yes my onyx 1 x10 take ages to process in jaws... What going on. Is there a wat I can empy a cache or ...anything to speed it up...takes hours to rip even small jobs

?? Mal
Job editor/preflight? or layout tool?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I don't have any EXP with Jaws engine. I use thrive with Adobe Engine.
Do you get any error messages anywhere?

try going to (C:)/program files/thrive (or onyx ect)/Work and delete all the files in there. one could be corrupt and causing issues.

Jaws stops in preflight AFTER I hit print in Layout