• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx XML Cut files

DrunknMonk

Hi does any one know how edit a cut file from onyx i.e. the XML file it creates for a cutter when you tell it print?

WildWestDesigns

You can edit XML- or plt-files with standard text editors like wordpad.
This is true, thankfully wordpad also understand XML, otherwise, it has some quirky save time habits that make it frustrating to use.

I have found it easier that to use editors that provide at basic syntax highlighting, especially for whatever extension happen to be working with. This helps with just trying to do something at a glance on the fly. There are a lot of them that are free (quite a few of them are open source as well if that is a concern). This also depends on how nitty gritty you are going to with text editing and how much you are going to spend in a text editor looking at them. I'm in a text editor all the time, so basic syntax highlighting does help especially if editing code/markup that wasn't created/generated by myself, but I'm just editing it on the fly.