• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Operation "Black Friday PC Build"

JP4

Building a Mini ITX Design Station. Built a design PC few years ago using Black Friday deals on New Egg and few other sites. I already have the Case(Cooler Master Elite 130) and Power Supply. Looking to top off the rest this week or get close. Need some suggestion from the Tech guys on the below list.

CPU - I need the best bang for $300 or below.

Motherboard - mini ITX boards are limited in choice. I use Asus boards in the past with good success.

RAM - Mini ITX boards only have (2) Slots. I want 32g but have been told for design(Illy, etc) 16g works well.
I moved up to 32g in my current PC and really couldn't tell much Difference over 16g.

Video Cards - Being a design Station....no looking at doing video or gaming...I'm lost on this component

Hard Drive - Pretty much settles on a Samsung EVO SSD. I run file on a NAS so not to worried about lots or storage.....just SPEED!

I appreciate any suggestions. I'm not a PC guru and only know some basics. Thanks!

MikePro

newegg.com has some great builds by PC nerds, and the most competitive pricing/selection in one-spot.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You could find an Intel i7 processor for less than $300 but you could probably get away with an i5 and save some cash. If you can find the RAM for cheap you might as well go big but as you said, 16GB should be just fine for illy. Surprisingly no RIP software that I know of has a video card requirement so you should be fine using the Intel integrated graphics that comes with the processor. Use the SSD as the working file for the RIP and then use a HDD to save your files. SSDs still don't have the same life span as an HDD so it's always good to have your files on the more reliable drive. The SSD will make the RIP faster for sure.

ChrisN

I think the best processor bang for your buck right now is AMD. You could snag a Ryzen 1700X for less than $300, although "they" say a 1700 is an even better deal since it can easily be overclocked to match the 1700X.

As far as a graphics card, I'd recommend an NVIDIA 1050 Ti. I have one in my design system, and it's been working fine.

Just for reference, my current "next computer" configuration is here (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nj38f8), and it's currently coming in at less than $1200.

MikePro

intel has always been my choice, but I've always built-around a desire for videogaming. In this case, however, you can definitely save a buck going with AMD and shop-up your graphics card to meet/exceed flexi's requirements.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have always been an Intel guy as well but I didn't realize the Ryzen series was so cheap already. That is probably the better way to go bang for buck wise.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Why itx? That's like buying a Ferrari and only running on spare donut tires. With that said, get a itx board that has 1 or 2 m.2 pcie 3.0 ports. Invest in the fastest SSDs you can afford to keep Pace with your fast cpu, ram, and VC.