• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions on Mimaki cjv30-100

cubedecibel

Hello signfreaks :)
This is my very first post on this board, and I hope I can get some nice answers on my questions, even if it is my first post! ;)

Oh, well..

I was all up to get a versacamm sp300i, but the biggest roland supplier here in Sweden (EU) told me to take a look at the mimaki. (they have sold 600% more mimakis this year than rolands, and with ALL happy costumers, they say!)

Comparing the sp300i and the mimaki cjv30-100 (that is wider!) is the mimaki almost 5400€ cheaper. And that is with stand/rollup system/,shipping, installation and 2 days of training included. The compare-price on roland does not include that extras.

I'm talking about NEW machines here.

I really need some inputs here. I can save GREAT money on the "Same" machine, and the question is; Is the roland really worth that extra money?

(I will use it for textile transfers and stickers to begin with.)

If you have any experience on Mimaki cjv, I would be most happy to know your inputs!

Thanks in advance!

/Jean

wayina

Hi Jean, I am the not so proud owner of a mimaki cjv30-160, it prints very well but is so slow compared to the jv33 130 I have, the time it takes to cycle through from start to cutting I can almost do twice the work with the jv and a plotter, I have never operated another brand so very hard for me to compare, I wish I had have bought the jv5 instead, however its your call, get to see some operating before buying
cheers Wayne:help

cubedecibel

Thanks for your input, Wayne!

I'm aware of the "speed problem" vs the jv33 + cutter, but I think a cjv30 will do just fine for me. From start I will only do garment transfers and stickers.. If I'm going to print larger formats I already have a graphtec ce5000-120 that can assist me if needed.

Even if the jv33 would be a "better" solution as I already have a cutter, I cannot afford it..

cubedecibel

Mr bmw_ante here on signs101 has been very kind and helpful, and I have almost made my decision. Big thanks ante!

Of course, even if I'm 99% sure to get a mimaki cjv30-100, all inputs are welcome! I have to earn a few more money before I can buy one..

Thanks!