• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OPOS wont read reg marks, goes in circles around the mark.

I have an HP latex 54 cutter that I use with Onyx thrive 18.5

I did a reinstall in the software last week and now my OPOS will not read the registration marks. It will begin to read the barcode and look for the registration marks. It then goes .25 inches to the left and goes in circles looking for the mark. By the time it gets to the mark and goes over it won't read it.

I have cleaned and calibrated the OPOS scanner and also did a factory reset and re-calibrated.
I am using Briteline 3.4 mil vinyl with no lamination.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20230317_102424163_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230317_102424163_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 298

balstestrat

Problem Solver
There could be a patch to Onyx for your cutter. Which you might have had previously. That might solve strange problems.

FrankW

Totally independently from the RIP:

If the cutter reads the barcode and starts searching for a marker instead of stopping with an error message „no barcode found“ or similar, the cutter have read the barcode successfully and have loaded a cutting file successfully too.

Perhaps, because on the right side of the cutting area is a plastic part which lifts the OPOS Sensor when reading is finished, you could check if you are perhaps to near to this, and the sensor is lifted a little bit when moving to the marker (or lifted by any other reason). The sensor should touch the media surface, and regularly when the sensor is lowered you should not see as much light as seen on your photo.

In addition to an OPOS-calibration a media calibration should be made too if there are reading problems, but this should happen too to the barcode. In media calibration you could check if the value set is 30, this is the default and should work on most white media. You can do a calibration too by printing a black rectangle 2x2inches, put it in the cutter and follow the instructions when selecting Media calibration.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I can confirm they had this patch but I couldn't download it. It says Summa but also includes hp latex cutter.

Summa_Update_18_5_thrive.msi

It's possible the latest release of 18.5 also included all the fixes, if you had that.

Totally independently from the RIP:

If the cutter reads the barcode and starts searching for a marker instead of stopping with an error message „no barcode found“ or similar, the cutter have read the barcode successfully and have loaded a cutting file successfully too.

Perhaps, because on the right side of the cutting area is a plastic part which lifts the OPOS Sensor when reading is finished, you could check if you are perhaps to near to this, and the sensor is lifted a little bit when moving to the marker (or lifted by any other reason). The sensor should touch the media surface, and regularly when the sensor is lowered you should not see as much light as seen on your photo.

In addition to an OPOS-calibration a media calibration should be made too if there are reading problems, but this should happen too to the barcode. In media calibration you could check if the value set is 30, this is the default and should work on most white media. You can do a calibration too by printing a black rectangle 2x2inches, put it in the cutter and follow the instructions when selecting Media calibration.
I put the little plastic piece back on the sides and it lowered the OPOS and is working now. Thank you!!!