• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Optically Clear Adhesive PET film...

lgroth

We're looking for something comparable to DryTac WindowFX with a decent price tag on it. Use will be decals for a window Mfgr on their in-store displays, they want them crystal clear and removable and specified an adhesive PET film or something similar, maybe because it's more rigid and easy to install?? They didn't like the pricing for WindowFX, tried GlassAdhere, loved the price, didn't like the product... It'll be uv printed. Any suggestions from anyone on an alternative?

qmr55

Tell your customer if they want a superior product it will cost them. Stop being cheap.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I sell a Optically Clear Perm/Removable window mounting adhesive for $0.50 sq.ft, all you do is apply it on top of your image and install. I also have a bubble free version for $0.60 sq.ft if your interested.

lgroth

We stock several different clear vinyl's, many of them for use on other products for the same customer, but this they specifically requested to be a PET film or comparable, something similar to what someone provided them with at one time with no record of the product that was used, the WindowFX sounded familiar to them... If I use a mounting film with PET film I just added another product and extra labor. The graphics will go out nationally to hundreds of locations, will be getting changed out periodically and quantities are huge so price/ labor is a big deal. It's one of our biggest accounts so we try to oblige even when it's a weird request. Was just hoping someone knew of a product similar to this. Guess our sales department may just have to tell em' to suck it up on the price :cool:

lgroth

Mactac Europe.... I found those too and our purchasing agent checked with all our vendors who handle Mactac here in the US, none stock it.

lgroth

Got samples coming from Lintec, looks like that might be our ticket to success if it meets their unreasonable standards :banghead:

petepaz

just got some of the mactac bubble free stuff and it works/looks great but it's not cheap by any means. customer complained about the regular clear vinyl so we gave them the option and the price and they went for it.