• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

optically clear film

bigben

I'm looking for different options of optically clear film. I want to create my own pattern and frosted film when I will get my printer with white ink (probably the next generation of latex). Right now, I'm using general formula 255. The problem is the clear part is not really optically clear. After the install, the clear part is a bit fuzzy. If I use a material like 3m fasara with their gradiant models, the clear part is really clear.

So what is the different options on the market. I'm looking for a range of best, better, good and know their variant.

Thank you. Ben.

danno

3m 40c-114 - hazy
3m ij180mc-114 - acceptable for most
3m ij8150 - best for optically clear

I have used all films. My preference is the ij8150. Some customers will sacrifice a little clear for a better price point.

Polyester-based films are widely used for optically clear window graphics with both display and decor applications. Lintec, Natura, Drytac, Sihl manufacture this type of film, among others.

amandaveronica

I'm looking at testing these two products from Drytac on a Latex printer (no white ink on ours though). The Deco SR seems to be a "Lintec" product that is compatible with Latex. The Impress Clear film seems like it's thicker (5mil vs 2mil) so might be better for people with not great install experience..? but doesn't last as long? Not sure the reasoning to pick one over the other.
ViziPrint Deco SR scratch-resistant window film - Drytac
ViziPrint Impress Clear film - Drytac

I've used 8150 as our bread and butter in the past, we would print UV and Latex on it, and laminate with another layer of 8150 (very expensive but when working on high end corporate spaces it still sells well). Lintec was also popular for us but could only run UV. Didn't need to laminate, but would scratch easy if you weren't careful.. (that's also why I'm curious about the Deco "scratch-resistant")

FrankLacroix

I'm looking at testing these two products from Drytac on a Latex printer (no white ink on ours though). The Deco SR seems to be a "Lintec" product that is compatible with Latex. The Impress Clear film seems like it's thicker (5mil vs 2mil) so might be better for people with not great install experience..? but doesn't last as long? Not sure the reasoning to pick one over the other.
ViziPrint Deco SR scratch-resistant window film - Drytac
ViziPrint Impress Clear film - Drytac

I've used 8150 as our bread and butter in the past, we would print UV and Latex on it, and laminate with another layer of 8150 (very expensive but when working on high end corporate spaces it still sells well). Lintec was also popular for us but could only run UV. Didn't need to laminate, but would scratch easy if you weren't careful.. (that's also why I'm curious about the Deco "scratch-resistant")
The drytac deco sr scratch very easy. I dont like this product