• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

oracal 3164

petepaz

anyone have any problems/issues with 3164 when they print bleed or do a print/cut
running on roland printers, eco sol max inks and i am noticing lately any jobs that print to the edge or print cut w/bleed or a bleed border
that the edges curl
is that because the vinyl is cheap because i use the 3651 and i don't have this issue

MikePro

no issues here, although i rarely use 3164 as I try to go cast on nearly everything we produce.

are you giving your media proper outgassing time before laminating/cutting? I've had stuff curl on me before, both cast and calendared, when I try to cut right after printing.

petepaz

i have this problem even if i don't laminate so it's not the out gassing and i don't know if it is an adhesive issue
mostly the problem is before they even get out the door so iguess they will stick ok but what customer wants to buy decals from you if they are curling up when they pick them up also i had some issues when i domed them because they where curled i couldn't dome half of them sounds like i will just have to go with a better grade of vinyl
thanks for the input folks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Interesting and good to know. I got 2 sample rolls of material in directly from Oracal yesterday (I do not recall requesting them so I can only assume one of my suppliers sales rep requested it for me). What sort of shocked me was the outer box stated 54" x 5yds but when I pulled the inner boxes out both rolls are 54" x 27.35 yards !!! One roll is 3164G and the other is 3651G. I think it was my Fellers rep that probably requested the sample rolls - she had stopped by last week and we were talking about how for low end intermediate I pretty much run exclusivley 3M IJ35.

Good to know that the one is water based adhesive and might need extra drying time if I'm doing any full bleed stuff with it. Guess I need to pull the specifications for each...

J

john1

Try concept 203, It's from General Formulations and is a 5 year film with clear adhesive and works great.

I use Orajet 210 on it all day and never have had any issues.

It's a good cost effective print vinyl, It's like $80 for 30"x150' roll from Fellers. Grimco has it too but they brand it as BriteLine 203

I have had a few similar issue when I rush the cut after the print. I have been sure lately to let the print cure for at least 24 hours prior to cutting and haven't had any problems since.