• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

oracal 651 on wood dance floor problems

chess24

SO i stuck a cut out design of a couples name on the dance floor for their wedding. Pulled it up this morning, and it seems to have discolored or pulled of the eurethane seal. It was oracal 651, anyone ever seen this? Everyone is pretty angry with me right now as I assured them this wouldnt harm the wooden floor.

Flame

Double OUCH! Yeah 651 has a permanent adhesive... you just stripped up the urethane on the floor, and that's probably not cheap to replace.

I wouldn't have risked even a removeable adhesive on wood floors. Those things aren't cheap.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ouch. Yeah, permanent adhesive vinyl = NO... a prefessionall floor refinisher should be able to recoat and blend in just that spot though. Probably will cost a couple hundred bucks to fix.

J

john1

*SIGH*

The 631 has REMOVABLE ADHESIVE...The 651 does not.

Why it's important or research what material is right for certain jobs. No biggie at least now you know.