• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 970RA not sticking to Smart Car?

SignProPlus-Chip

Any advice? We are having trouble with a color change wrap. The Oracal vinyl will not stay tucked down.

It's a 2014 all plastic panels. The vinyl actually doesn't feel tacky at all...in fact it wont really stick to other surface either. My installer just tried a piece on a motorcycle gas tank while I'm typing this and it wont stick to that either.

Bad batch of material?

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
Call technical support

Hey there Sign Pro, have you tried calling ORAFOL technical support? They are really easy to talk to and work through the problem to identify any issues. Call 1-888-672-2251 ask for Tim Wright or Dean Strohmenger. Tell them Lisa sent you ;-)

SignProPlus-Chip

Hey there Sign Pro, have you tried calling ORAFOL technical support? They are really easy to talk to and work through the problem to identify any issues. Call 1-888-672-2251 ask for Tim Wright or Dean Strohmenger. Tell them Lisa sent you ;-)

We purchased from fellers and they have issued a RMA for the material. Looks like they will send it back to Orafol for analysis.

After playing around with it some more, it definitely appears to be a bad batch of adhesive or possibly old vinyl. It literally will not stick to ANYTHING. Post heating in on the vehicle cause it to peel back and fall off.

Andy D

It must be their low,low,low tack vinyl :covereyes:

I can't remember the last time I heard of anyone having issues with Oracast / Orafol.
Sorry for you troubles, I hope it doesn't ruin your weekend.

klemgraphics

I had a 970ra wrap fail recently also. Doesn't sound as bad as what you describe but I remember when installing that it didn't seem as difficult as I remembered orafol to be with the aggressive adhesive. Two weeks later I got the call, sure enough it was lifting EVERYWHERE. The color wasn't available through anyone else and the customer opted to remove the wrap and paint it instead....lost my rear on that one. Guess we'll see if they at least credit me for the vinyl, I'm sure my time is worthless to them.