• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Orajet 3268 wall wrap

J

john1

3268 works perfect here, No problems if you follow a 1/4-1/2" white border

thewvsignguy

Why would you leave a 1/4" - 1/2" border on a decal when you should not have to? Even after we print, wait 24 hours then cut the 3268 junk still sloooowly fall off the wall. Switch to the Avery material and you can leave a 1/16" and it looks SOOOO much better.... I can print on the Avery let the print sit a 1/2 hour, contour cut a stick it to the wall with no fear that it's going to end up on the floor?

J

john1

Why would you leave a 1/4" - 1/2" border on a decal when you should not have to? Even after we print, wait 24 hours then cut the 3268 junk still sloooowly fall off the wall. Switch to the Avery material and you can leave a 1/16" and it looks SOOOO much better.... I can print on the Avery let the print sit a 1/2 hour, contour cut a stick it to the wall with no fear that it's going to end up on the floor?

You had a bad experience, Others including myself haven't so that's why your so strong against anyone supporting 3268. I leave the amount of white edge as stated by Oracal to prevent issues. As others have said, it may be a texture of the wall and or type of paint issue. Don't be so quick to blame the material being junk, After all you are using Avery which has a bad rep from the majority of the forum...

Salmoneye

I think that it all has as much to do with sheen as it does texture, the higher the gloss the higher the adhesion. Gloss is like glass and flat is like a bunch of ridges like fine sandpaper. Go try to stick some to glass and then try to stick some to sandpaper, you get it.

knucklehead

I've put PhotoTex on just about every surface around here. bare sheetrock, painted wall, bare concrete wall. This is one graphic I've been using to test. Then I put it on my truck door, and drove around a while, took it off my truck, put it on the dirty vinyl siding for a couple of days, with rain, then put it back on a painted wall. NO problems. Still there.

thewvsignguy

It's junk John. Even the stuff you printed and sold us, all but two that we sold has been returned (21+ different customers) from all over the USA. I have personally tried it on many different walls and textures, even on our smooth counter and the edges still curl up. Good for you you found something it will stick to like glass, Duh.

The Avery wall vinyl is a much better product, hands down. I'm not speaking of the rest of there films just the 2601 wall film.

So when a customer wants a decal or lettering for their car or boat, do you use a material that will stick, what do you sell them?

"Well this 3268 junk works most of the time if you have blah, blah, blah type of walls".

You sell them what works, customers for the most part have no idea what type or finish their paint is and I do not want to sell them something that could and will fail then returned to us.

It's a waste of money, not only on the product but on shipping also.

Unlike you I don't take chance and sell my customers junk, John like you did to us.

J

john1

I didn't in any way sell you junk, We discussed over the phone which material you would like since you said you were getting wholesale from someone else so i was willing to use a material you were familiar with.

You failed to use the oracal suggestions on using the 1/4-1/2" white border and sent me flexi and eps files with 1/16" borders next to the print coverage. I only print/cut what you sent me because you suggested that it wouldn't be a problem. Now look.

It works perfect for all the other customers i use it with, I have a 2.5' x 20' wall vinyl that's been up for well over 6 months now and it's in perfect shape. I don't sell what is cheapest, i sell what works well and also fits my customers budget.

I'm not sure why you couldn't be up front on the phone when we spoke numerous times, Instead you played the coward game and stopped responding. That's ok, Shows what kind of person you truly are. You don't speak up, you just leave people hanging and post your true comments on a forum.

I am done with this conversation, If you have any other comments you can PM me.

Good day.

mshi

I have seen the best results with Phototex and Graphtex, both are a fabric with an adhesive. Both have low strecth values which are beneficial when installing large panels for a wall mural, both can be printed to the edges. The advantage to the Graphtex is that it is more opaque than the Phototex.

smdgrfx

I've tried many different vinyls and have found one that works on everything. It is more aggressive, but I let the customer know and let them worry about taking it down later. 3M IJ8624. It doesn't matter the texture, color, paint type, laminate - put some heat on it and you will not have any problems with falling off. I have removed the vinyl after 6 months using a generous amount of heat and the vinyl came off without any issues.

It's time consuming and costly for the customer to repaint/smooth out the wall just for some graphics. The alternative is using vinyl that sticks to anything.

SamFeatherston

3268 is a 6 mil "low tack" vinyl designed for use for removable decals and not intended for use as wall murals. 6 mil vinyl is too heavy for wall murals.

For murals, Oracal manufactures 3621 removable and 3628 Low Tack Removable.

The biggest thing is to prep the wall properly prior to installation. Wall hold lots of dust, oil etc. Here is link for tips and tricks for wall graphics from Oracal.

http://www.oracal.com/products/_docs/prod-bulletins/WallGraphicApplicationTips1.pdf