• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Origin Error on CX-24

doublejay

I have a Roland CX-24. While it a few years old, it has done very little work and is in my opinion 'as new'. It has never given me any trouble until today!

I used it 4 days ago and it worked as expected. I turned it on this morning and during the start up process, the head appears to want to keep moving to the right (accompanied by a very annoying noise) and the error message "origin error" is displayed. I've tried unloading and reloading the vinyl, moving the pinch rollers etc., but to no avail.

I'm hoping that someone out there can help me solve this without resorting to expensive service calls etc.,

Thanks in anticipation

tmac

try calling a Roland supplier they usually have someone or know someone who fixes them it may be a quick fix,

doublejay

I rang the Roland agents this morning and they called me back this afternoon. I described the problem to him and while I was chatting, I turned the cutter on and I think you can guess what happened. It behaved perfectly.

He asked whether the cutter had been turned off and thought that it might have been cold - seems unlikely to me but as it's obviously an intermittent fault it's going to be a bit tricky to resolve. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.