• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our Website REDESIGN. thoughts?

HulkSmash

Thanks again guys. Keep in mind i didn't make this. So please be as brutal as you can, so i can give feed back to my web people. I already have a few things to tell them, but would love to get your thoughts and some second opinions. Ignore the logo - that's just for placement.

Attachments

• 2011_0202_mock.jpg
    2011_0202_mock.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 108

Marlene

the logo that you worked so hard on is totally lost. not liking the condensed font used all over the page. condensed fonts look cheap as you usually see them on banners, coroplast and other cheap signs. there's way too much space between the headers and the boby text. the copy itself reads pretty good and is clear as to what you do and what you can do for a customer. the photo shown is a nice sign but what is that white bar thingy on the lower left hand side by the post? can you touch that up so that the photo of our nice sign doesn't have something odd sticking out from it?

Fanaticus

Thats actually a nice home page. Simple easy to see layout and people can find what they're looking for at a glance.

The only thing I didn't like, was the display image focus point wasn't level. A picture from a more frontal view point, straight on would be nice. (or "looking in" towards the main content of the page instead of out and away from the main content)

Other than that, it's a real nice home page for a service company.

What are your issues with it?

HulkSmash

Thats actually a nice home page. Simple easy to see layout and people can find what they're looking for at a glance.

The only thing I didn't like, was the display image focus point wasn't level. A picture from a more frontal view point, straight on would be nice. (or "looking in" towards the main content of the page instead of out and away from the main content)

Other than that, it's a real nice home page for a service company.

What are your issues with it?

Thanks. I overall like it. I wanted it to be bold and simple. I don't like the little tab with the logo on it. I'm trying to figure out a better way to incorporate the logo...into the site

ForgeInc

I know the logo isn't probably final, but I don't think it works reversed out to white like that.

HulkSmash

I know the logo isn't probably final, but I don't think it works reversed out to white like that.

I agree. Which is why im saying to just disregard the logo design it's just for placement. I'm just asking about the layout of the site itself.

speedmedia

If you made that tag the logo is in a different color to contrast off the background better it would probably read much better. It is kind of floating there lost at this point

Thanks,
Kurt

signswi

Looks pretty good, more like an agency than a sign shop (which is a good thing imo). Marlene, that isn't a "condensed font" it's a gothic, very on-trend right now due to the release of League Gothic by The League of Moveable Type a while back (that may even be League, I see the script is Lobster, another on-trend modern web font that's hugely popular now that it's in the Google Font Directory).

Malkin

Also looks like League Gothic to me. Which I think looks nice when given lots of breathing room.

Looks pretty decent to me, but then I know nearly nothing about effective web design.

ForgeInc

I think the overall feel is pretty nice too and fonts don't bother me at all. It's nice and simple without a ton of crappy digital photos all over which I really like. But again (and I know it isn't final) there seems to be a disconnect between the roughness of the logo and the "cleanliness" of the site.

Once those are more in-line with another it'll look a lot better. Nice direction!

ForgeInc

Sorry, one more thought...if you used the same font you have on your site in your logo, I think it would look really solid. Not keen on the current font in the logo. You could always just use the XEROX distress trick or add a slight bit of texture/grunge into the letterforms if you want, just an idear to tie it all together.

signswi

thanks jesse.
I like the font as well. I'm more worried about the logo placement.

What if, since it's already kind of "floating", you kept it in that position but put a banner dropping down from upper screen left behind the logo, bit of a 3d drop shadow below it. Make the banner a counter-punch color to highlight it (and the site needs a counter-punch color anyway). That'd stay on-trend to the rest of the site and provide a place for the eye to start.