• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outbid by competition - fight or flight?

Stacey K

I like making signs
@gnublers latest crime scene photo featuring the perps...

1680359311949.jpeg

Johnny Best

Thats a stud weld and you can see from one pic the thickness of the material with a pop rivit.
Sud weld the standoffs on,. attach metal letters on with glue. $50 that was made out of the country, probably Singapore. That's why the S being on wrong. English is a second language.
Sorry gnubler, but no girlfriend boyfriend fighting but high fives each other for the money they saved by not going through you. Probably doing the inny-outy right now.

gnubler

$50 that was made out of the country, probably Singapore. That's why the S being on wrong. English is a second language.
I first read that as they had it made out in the country (like, not in the city) for $50. Judging by the backwoods rednecks around here I think you're onto something! Probably had a friend who knew a guy who knew Jethro who cuts metal and does welding "real cheap". New business name: "Painted with Meth" :D

I think Tex might be right about it all being glued, not welded. The "welds" just look too smooth and thick, and I'm pretty sure the backer is 3mm ACM.

JBurton

Signtologist
I think Tex might be right about it all being glued, not welded. The "welds" just look too smooth and thick, and I'm pretty sure the backer is 3mm ACM.
Goddang it, I'll say it looks welded too, but now ya gotta go out with a magnet and find out if it's acm or not.

Johnny Best

Still think it is an aluminum stud weld and not ACM but 1/8" thick aluminum. Acm has to thin of aluminum to take any abuse. The welds will look smooth because to get a bead of epoxy around that would be a waste of time. It is actually not a bad looking sign and quick to put together. The letters are probably Lord glued on.

JamesLam

I first read that as they had it made out in the country (like, not in the city) for $50. Judging by the backwoods rednecks around here I think you're onto something! Probably had a friend who knew a guy who knew Jethro who cuts metal and does welding "real cheap". New business name: "Painted with Meth" :D

Wokism Of The Day: The term "Redneck" referred to those hard working farming families that toiled hard in the sun making the US and Canada the great countries that they are today, thus the back of their neck was red. Unfortunately it has become a derogatory term associated with male golfers of all political stripes to daft to put on sunscreen.

Johnny Best

Wokism Of The Day: The term "Redneck" referred to those hard working farming families that toiled hard in the sun making the US and Canada the great countries that they are today, thus the back of their neck was red. Unfortunately it has become a derogatory term associated with male golfers of all political stripes to daft to put on sunscreen.
Bless his heart.

JBurton

Signtologist
Well......?
I just googled idaho spa sapped college and came up with the place, evidently untapped health college is around there, no pics of the sign yet. Do I get a cookie for guessing the business name? Now you can at least upload a mirrored picture of the sign if you're still paranoid about shaming a sign maker... which is kinda the point around here isn't it?