• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor jr. and E074 error ???????

Slack11

Hey,
I'm about to see how far I can throw my printer.... Betcha I could really give her a toss after fighting this thing the past few nites. Here's what is happening.

I send a job from Signlab (v 7.1) and it seems to go to the printer just fine. The print head acts as if it is starting to move, then it stops, throws a "E074Ycurrent ERROR" on the display, and all the lights start blinking. What I have been doing is manually turning off the printer, aborting the print job, then restarting the printer. When the printer starts itself back up, it automatically goes into a cleaning, then usually if I send the same job again, it will print fine........

After that job I'll try to print another, and it'll do the error thing again, I'll shut it off, it'll clean itself, and then it'll work.

Any ideas??? It is very frustrating to have to do this process to get anything done. Lately it'll do this error two or three times, cleaning itself everytime in between, then finally work.

I would appreciate any help on this, I'm trying to finish a political sign job order, but am forced to have to outsource what I have remaining, because with this I'll never have them done on time.

Thanks in advance for any help.........

Slack11

Thanks guys, I guess I should have doe a little research before asking for help.... I have never cleaned/ lubricated any of the "t" fence and all the parts, so that would be a great place to start. I'll post here if that fixes the problem. man, that would be nice if it does.

Slack11

Man this thing is running better than ever. I cleaned all the tracks for the bearings, relubed them, and cleaned the T track. It was filthy in there. It's not surprising that it didn't work. It prints and sounds better than ever.

I was also having problems with the print stopping half way through, which it doesn't seem to be doing now. I'm wondering if that T track was that dirty that the printer lost the location of the carriage in the middle of the print and locked up. This seems to have also fixed that.

Man, thanks for the help, and pointing me in the right direction. I have been fighting this problem for quite a while now, this will make life a whole lot easier.

This forum is awesome.... where else will you get answers this quickly, and great advice.

Thanks again, if there is anything that I can help you with let me know.

Thanks,

wsc777

Same Error, Different Problem

Im getting the same error on my mutoh rockhopper 38 but not for the same reason. When i try a nozzle jet test the print head will go to the left like it's measuring the media and it does that fine, then the print head returns to the the right and then runs all the way to the left side and slams against the side of the printer and gives the E074Err YCurrent Error message. We have cleaned the the encoder strip, cleaned the rails and checked the motor(its not slipping). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

RG

wsc777, what size media are you using? My FOJ does the same thing, but only when I am using 38" media (banner). So, I learned quickly to do a nozzle check on media that is 36" or shorter.

wsc777

using banner material but honestly im not sure if it is 36 or 38, i just bought the printer. the seller told me about the problem before i bought it and i think it was happening on any material but im not sure. im just getting into the printing business but my partner was in it for several years. we worked on it all day today trying to get it running with no success. it had been sitting up for several months so we basically cleaned on it all day. i honestly don't think that is the problem but i will try shorter media tomorrow and see what happens. thanks for the help tho weither it fixes our problem or not

cmykgraphic

where do they sell the motor for Mutoh Falcon Outdoor

Man this thing is running better than ever. I cleaned all the tracks for the bearings, relubed them, and cleaned the T track. It was filthy in there. It's not surprising that it didn't work. It prints and sounds better than ever.

I was also having problems with the print stopping half way through, which it doesn't seem to be doing now. I'm wondering if that T track was that dirty that the printer lost the location of the carriage in the middle of the print and locked up. This seems to have also fixed that.

Man, thanks for the help, and pointing me in the right direction. I have been fighting this problem for quite a while now, this will make life a whole lot easier.

This forum is awesome.... where else will you get answers this quickly, and great advice.

Thanks again, if there is anything that I can help you with let me know.

Thanks,

where is the T-track???