• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor Sign Recommendations

KGraphics

This is a bit long, so I apologize.

I have a client who wants to make sign boards that will be used outside of a church to tell the history of the church. Obviously we always want to use quality products and do our best to stand by what we use, but she is wanting to get 15-20 years out of these as she is concerned that after the current board passes/are no longer member the new members will not prioritize having the boards redone. It is a very historic church in our community, so they get visitors often and don't have someone they can pay to be there full-time to tell the history, so they want to do it with signs instead. I told her typically we can expect between 5-10 years of good quality life for the vinyl, but with sun exposure, the signs being out doors during inclement weather, and just natural wear and tear I couldn't promise the life she is asking for, but she said they will pay for any additional preventative measures I can take to try to increase how long these will last.

So what I'm asking for are suggestions; favorite vinyl and other tips/tricks to increase the quality for prolonged periods of time are welcome. I think we could accommodate adding plexiglass to the top of them as we can make the frames and adjust design to fit our needs, but just throwing this out there for any information that I can gather.

Thanks in advance!

ChicagoGraphics

What about sand blasted glass about a 1/2"+ thick with a colored background
Might be to expensive but I'm sure it would last more then 20 years