• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outline problem

Erin

First of all before I forget to mention it...I am using corel draw 11.

I hope I can explain this properly...

I have some text with an out line and I want to convert the outline to an object. The problem is whenever I do this the lines all break up completely. What I mean is the outline isn't solid and I have to select all the pieces and weld them together. Then there are anywhere from 2 to 8 nodes I have to reconnect for it to be a solid image again. It seems to happen no matter what text I am using. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there something I can do differently so this doesn't keep happening? It is very annoying and becoming quite time consuming on little jobs that shouldn't be very time consuming.

Thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
First of all before I forget to mention it...I am using corel draw 11.

I hope I can explain this properly...

I have some text with an out line and I want to convert the outline to an object. The problem is whenever I do this the lines all break up completely. What I mean is the outline isn't solid and I have to select all the pieces and weld them together. Then there are anywhere from 2 to 8 nodes I have to reconnect for it to be a solid image again. It seems to happen no matter what text I am using. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there something I can do differently so this doesn't keep happening? It is very annoying and becoming quite time consuming on little jobs that shouldn't be very time consuming.

Thanks

What font?

If you have some low rent font file with knots in the the various characters you'll see this phenomenon. Try switching to wire frame mode and zoom in as close as you can on the area of the malfeasant outlines. See if there isn't a knot or some other perturbation in the character outline at that point. If you don't see anything, try converting the text to curves and look again. Look carefully, the anomalies can be rather subtle.

ChiknNutz

Although not really the answer, x3 seems to do a lot better job in the way it handles contours and outlines. Depending on the design intent, you may yield better results using the Interactive Contour tool.

Checkers

Chris is right.
A well known font manufacturer actually suggests that you should use the contour tool to put an outline on their fonts.
In 12 and older versions of Corel, you will get a lot of nodes. However, I was told that the node problem is fixed in Corel X3.

Checkers