• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outline trace question

joelswork

Sorry for something so simple but I rarely do this, afterall...I'm just an installer, I only cut door hours if anything. I need to know how to adjust the thickness of the lines in an outline trace. I have an image that I drew and scanned in, power traced it and want to "thicken" the vinyl of the design. Where do I adjust this?

Thanks for helping a fella out!

joelswork

Looks like I need help with the outlining of what was traced in, so that the line is basicly thicker.

24hrvinyl

Oh, Corel. Sorry, I just grabbed this from most recent posts.

What you might be able to do is use the outline pen dialog to change the outline of your vector to the desired thickness. Once you have that, export the edited image as some sort of image file (i used a TIFF in my test). Then, bring the tiff back into corel and retrace.

It might be tough to use an EPS or AI file because when you bring the image back into Corel, it will come back as a vector with the outlines, not an image you can retrace.

Hope that helps

24hrvinyl

I guess you could play around with centerline trace. I don't usually use the trace function in Corel. I mostly use photoshop for my initial bitmap work, then convert to vector using either Illustrator or Streamline. Not the most straight forward approach I admit, but it is how I learned, so I know how it will react in the end. Hope that helps...

joelswork

Thanks for the input, there has to be quite a few ways to use these programs. I ended up just importing the image, doing a centerline trace as a line drawing, then went to effects and contour, set my thickness and contoured to the outside of the drawing, hit apply and there it was. Previewed in my cutting program and it is gonna cut how I want it to! I don't know if this is the "right way" or the fastest but looks like it's gonna work.

The one thing I noticed is in the different views, the normal, draft and wireframe all show the double line...the simple wireframe did not?

Thanks again for your help!

wcgv46

outline

ok so I kinda asked the same question a few days ago but what i was trying to figure out was in flexi when you outline something like a 0 I want the center cut out in the middle of the outline so their would be like a half inch outline around the outter edge and a half inch inline in the middle of the 0 how do I do that. I did read the manual but it doesnt tell you anything about the center cut???? Thanks for your help in advance

7oaks

Joel, depending on the width of trace you want, you can use pen tool to make the trace line heavier in normal view then go under arrange and convert outline to object. Then back to wireframe and remove the center
lines. (Corel 10)

Ken