• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

outstanding invoices

fresh

Can we look at your math ?? Perhaps this is where I'm missing something. Since when is $4,500 a week a person's income based on $56 per hour ?? If that's the both of you, who is back at the shop working, still making signs ?? Does all production stop, when you're making $56 an hour ?? Hardly seems profitable.

It's sort of a how you look at it, kinda deal. If you could bill out $56 an hour for almost 2,100 hours, you'd be happy, but wouldn't you be happier at $85 an hour sitting in your shop doing what you do best, rather than being out there some 2,100 hours doing harder work ?? Then to boot, pay someone $25 or $30 an hour and keep 1/2 of it.

Someone is always in the shop. Yes, it is much more profitable for me to be out in the field slapping up some stickers and having others do what I pay them to do anyway. To answer your question, right now, I would much rather be making $115K a year installing signs. If I could make that much working for myself, just doing installs, I'd pay someone else less than half that to do my current job(s), and then still make money on my business. Or I could do both, like I do now. We work all the time, installs are scheduled when we have someone available in the shop or on weekends.

$56x40 hrs (you get paid for a full day's work if you show up for an hour or 8) x 2 people (myself and husband) = $4480 for a week's worth of work.

fresh

the thing with prevailing wage is, the actual laborer has to be verifiably getting that while on the job (unless owner-operator) -- so the shop rate, the billed hourly rate, will be MUCH higher than that.

Eh. The shop rate is for making the signs, loading up the truck, travel time to/fro. But the labor is what it is. Have you been successful in charging significantly more than PW for labor? If you have 3 people on a job, do you triple your shop rate?

fresh

If it would be simple as that - for sure i can, but my overhead is more than that.

Yeah, so is ours. I don't understand how people can be so confused... Just because I'm not physically sitting at my desk doesn't mean my shop isn't operating on its own, making money on all the the other work we having coming down the pipeline.

So I'm going to rename Prevailing Wage Rate installs "money making vacation days." & I'll keep taking them as long as I can.

reQ

Yeah, so is ours. I don't understand how people can be so confused... Just because I'm not physically sitting at my desk doesn't mean my shop isn't operating on its own, making money on all the the other work we having coming down the pipeline.

So I'm going to rename Prevailing Wage Rate installs "money making vacation days." & I'll keep taking them as long as I can.

Well, if its a "side" income after everything is paid for - for sure its nice paycheque, not going to argue.