• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oval and a Line

captainron19

Ok here is my scenario.

I have an oval with a line next to it. (See Pic below) after looking at it I would prefer the end of line to take on the shape of the oval but cant fiigure it out in Flexi Anyone?

Attachments

• oval.jpg
    oval.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 185

cdsgraphic

if I understand what you want... Put a contour or outline around the oval and use the trim command to cut the ends of the lines to the outline, then delete the outline

ok?

gtjet

I am not sure what you are asking, it seems too simple. You can weld or group the line and oval together easily in Flexi. You can resize the line or oval if need be then weld or group it together. This is so basic and easy that I must not understand your question.

Good luck

captainron19

I dont see any trim command in Flexi - What I am trying to do is this. I still want the oval and end of line to be seperated (Do not want them joined) Alll I want is the end of the line to take on the outer shape of the oval

gtjet

Captain Ron,
Just hold down the control button, select the oval, move it away to a free area, release it and you have a copy of the original. Then a fix it to the line in what ever way you desire and at what ever size.

Attachments

• Capton Ron.jpg
    Capton Ron.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 112

cdsgraphic

So you want something that looks like this (see below)...

The trim command is from corel (sorry) in the old version of flexi I have the command is called "cut out" and is under "Tools" > "Combine". Will be with "Weld" and other similar tools.

Select the lines and then the outline of the oval. On my version of flexi, it depends on what you select first that will be "cut out". Then do the cut out command.

Oh, and stretch the lines out over top the oval before "cut out".

Attachments

• oval with lines.jpg
    oval with lines.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 122

captainron19

Got it - thanks - Problem I was having was it was making the cut out in the oval and not on the line. I worked it out by createing the line first then the oval and it worked perfect - thanks everyone.

:thankyou: :U Rock: