• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Over night color shift. HP 260

Asuma01

I'm having an issue I hope someone can help with.
Yesterday I changed out all of our HP 260's printheads for new ones because we were experiencing color shifting. A PMS color wasn't printing accurately as it should have been. After the printhead replacement and manual printhead alignment the colors were right back on track. I printed a roll of our brown panels over night and they look great.
But after printing more this morning it looks like the yellow has dropped out and our prints have a pinkish hue to them. I ran a few head cleanings, realigned the printheads again, changed out our yellow ink cartridge for a new full one. Nothing has worked so far. I've checked the color values of the rip files just to be sure that the color values all match (they do) and even reripped the art files. All the printhead tests come back looking great. No dropout.
At this point I'm considering reinstalling our profile backups. Maybe they got corrupted somehow?

Any ideas on what I could be missing?

derekw13029

I just realized that it could be the new roll of media. I'm checking on that now.

Yeah, new rolls can definitely affect color quality and value. If you plan on using multiple rolls, ensuring that rolls are ordered from the same lot may help limit the color difference. I've also that taking a roll out of the packaging to breathe for a day or so before use is a good idea. I'm not sure if I've experienced that issue, but I'm sure there is truth to it.