• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Over Spray issues

Hello
I'm having an over spray issue with my SC-545EX Print and Cut machine.
I did a cleaning then a head cleaning and the issue is still there. So then I cleaned the encoder strip and did an environmental match and still had the issue. I then did a powerful clean on all heads and is had problems. Attached is a picture of the print with the over spray problem and a few test prints I did off the front of the machine.
I hope I don't have a head going out!!!
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Kevin

Attachments

• IMG00067-20091224-1032.jpg
    IMG00067-20091224-1032.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG00065-20091224-1030.jpg
    IMG00065-20091224-1030.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 85

tdgraphics

It is that your black head has got many of the nozzles clogged and a a result the black ink is deflecting when it comes out of the nozzles. This then creates and overspray look to the print.

Options, do a maximum head clean, which may help the situation, but I suspect the clogging is too bad. The other option is to change the head, which is what I had to do as I could not clean up my head enough to give prints I was satisfied with.

The head change could cost you as much as $1200 for a tech to come and fit it. If you do go the DIY route, remember to set the correct voltage for the new head. (it is a long string of characters normally on the box).

Hop this is of some help.

Neil

It is that your black head has got many of the nozzles clogged and a a result the black ink is deflecting when it comes out of the nozzles. This then creates and overspray look to the print.

Options, do a maximum head clean, which may help the situation, but I suspect the clogging is too bad. The other option is to change the head, which is what I had to do as I could not clean up my head enough to give prints I was satisfied with.

The head change could cost you as much as $1200 for a tech to come and fit it. If you do go the DIY route, remember to set the correct voltage for the new head. (it is a long string of characters normally on the box).

Hop this is of some help.

Neil

Thanks