• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overtime pricing by the job.

WB

1st off, I'm a 1 man show and I 95% only do installations. So normally I make the call whether I need/want/should charge for OT on certain jobs.

I recently got asked to quote on a large job (for me) 8-10 vehicles that need rebranding which means removeale and installation, everything from Caravan, to 32' cube trucks.

So I've submitted most of my pricing everything looks good but then I was asked to give an overtime rate and I said basically it 50% and I got a surprised response on the phone. She said most of her installers were asking 25% more for evening and weekends. I've included in my pricing hiring another installer for help at $50/hr

I understand that it's really only the labour cost that goes up for the same job, but if labour costs are 75%-85% of the total cost for the job and and that cost is going up 50% then I need to charge another 37-43% in order to cover that cost.

Anyway. what do you guy charge?

Thanks

2B

like you said, it is a sliding scale.
There are plenty of times we waive it because of who the customer is.
That said, typically we are 35% for our minimum, can go as high as 150%

The biggest factor is your location, what the market is allowing and if you want the job.

Christian @ 2CT Media

For us it depends on the Jobs, we don't set an OT rate, we set a project rate and move forward.

Most of the time, if I can't shift schedules and we must work after-hours or weekends we add a flat rate to project.