• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pad printer questions

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Looks like they also make photo polymer cliches. I have to believe that would be a lot more economical.

Anyway, there's a few options out there.

I'd be willing to bet good money that you could use photo resist and a sandblast cabinet with very fine abrasive to etch one. Heck, you might be able to etch a glass cliche.

JB

Last edited:

Craig Keller

Looks like they also make photo polymer cliches. I have to believe that would be a lot more economical.

Anyway, there's a few options out there.

I'd be willing to bet good money that you could use photo resist and a sandblast cabinet with very fine abrasive to etch one. Heck, you might be able to etch a glass cliche.

JB

Interesting!

Superior_Adam

we used to pad print but dont anymore. We used to burn our plates. The laser plates were just coming out and at that time I was not impressed.

Craig Keller

cool With us being able to make our own plates we can go after small runs that most Asi dealers probably don't want. I have some questions being new at it if you dont mine. Could I call u? First one is what printer can we use for doing film?

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Anyone into pad printing here??
My question is to burn a plate with a laser what watt laser is needed?

Thanks
I did pad printing in the early 90's. (Lighters, key chains, golf balls, ink pens). It was fun and profitable then.
Sold it all off for $100 to hobbyists. He then traded to an automated press and banked.
Haven't heard from him in 15 years.