• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paint mask stencil vinyl and latex paint sheen recommendation

T&T Signs Inc.

We get to do a lot of work for schools & when you have a committee voting on what they want you to do......it can often limit our options & our approach to the project. The only painting we do at our shop is on sandblasted signs & sign posts. However, I do make a lot of stencils for industrial paint companies & because of the type of epoxy paints they use......(tanks & towers), they just have me make stencils out of the cheapest cal vinyl I can find.... They have all been happy. They do not have to go back & paint away the stencil lines from brass stencil sets.. Also, as soon as they experience a reverse cut throwaway vinyl stencil.....they never want to see another pounce pattern....ever. lol.... For large jobs, 80' in the air, I make them vinyl panels with numeric information so that they do not have to fight a large, prone to tear, piece of paper in the air. Many of these chemical, paper, distribution, & manufacturing plants require some things to be painted. We always try to use high performance vinyl when they let us.....It is often not up to us though. If it were, I would always just use vinyl graphics.
Again., this we do only for exterior industrial applications....interior water based paints would need a more paint friendly adhesive.... cuttable vinyl paint masking.

An old salesman told me once. "When the customer says yes, stop talking." :)
With what they wanted, for the price that they wanted if for.....I think you did a great job.

nolanola

We get to do a lot of work for schools & when you have a committee voting on what they want you to do......it can often limit our options & our approach to the project. The only painting we do at our shop is on sandblasted signs & sign posts. However, I do make a lot of stencils for industrial paint companies & because of the type of epoxy paints they use......(tanks & towers), they just have me make stencils out of the cheapest cal vinyl I can find.... They have all been happy. They do not have to go back & paint away the stencil lines from brass stencil sets.. Also, as soon as they experience a reverse cut throwaway vinyl stencil.....they never want to see another pounce pattern....ever. lol.... For large jobs, 80' in the air, I make them vinyl panels with numeric information so that they do not have to fight a large, prone to tear, piece of paper in the air. Many of these chemical, paper, distribution, & manufacturing plants require some things to be painted. We always try to use high performance vinyl when they let us.....It is often not up to us though. If it were, I would always just use vinyl graphics.
Again., this we do only for exterior industrial applications....interior water based paints would need a more paint friendly adhesive.... cuttable vinyl paint masking.

An old salesman told me once. "When the customer says yes, stop talking." :)
With what they wanted, for the price that they wanted if for.....I think you did a great job.
Thank you for the kind words!