• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paint question for Dibond

iprint

You might try reading...... and learning or applying comprehension along with it.

My first post was about letting professionals do it, since there is more than a bunch or artsy-fartsy people indulging in this. How can the OP or anyone control how lackadaisical a bunch of people will be with primers and paints outside ?? You can't.

It doesn't matter what the tech sheets have on them. If someone spills or ruins something while doing this, the OP might stand a chance of getting in trouble for organizing this outdoor paint excursion without following proper procedure.
Why other than trying to save money would a bunch of fellow artists, fine artists, mind you..... want to paint something and cut out the sign shop doing it professionally ?? To SAVE MONEY.... like I said, that's all.

Instead of saving money and getting in their own way and possibly creating a problem, they could muster up other ways to raise money instead of cutting out the professionals.

Inquire with Joe Diaz, who is relatively good at putting together wall dog meets.... how he gets by letting every town person in on painting and taking care of their own things at a wall dog meet. For insurance and probably any other liability, he can't either. Why do you think this person would be any different ?? Sure, it can happen, but are you doing it within the limits of the law..... or have you at least checked ??
Anytime anyone questions anything that you say you instantly come back with abrasive comments. To me, this sounded like a community beautification project that was being handled by a local art center. When the OP mentioned 4x4 quilted panels, I imagined that each one would be unique and probably painted by artists who know how to paint, but may not be familiar with Dibond and it's paint adhesion properties. I also imagine that these would be painted in a controlled environment such as an artist's studio. I have re-read the OP and I cannot see where they said these were getting painted outside. Maybe you should take your own advise and brush up on your comprehension. :ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, but please don't misunderstand my abrasive comments for your assumptions on the matter.

Sure, they could be doing this inside, but that still doesn't stop the fact, that you have people possibly spraying, sanding and painting with less then proper methods.

Whether this is an indoor or outdoor project..... is this center set up for multiple people sanding and making enamel baked on finish particles airborne ?? That's a well known no-no anywhere US of A.
These people are probably used to using artist's oils or acrylics in such small quantities, they don't know any better when it comes to large projects like this..... or don't care to look into the necessary do's & don't's.
I really don't care if they..... or the OP gets in trouble. My thing was really to warn whomever doing this, that it should be done by professionals and/or follow professional guidelines.

Let's say, you hire some guy to paint some spots on the outside of your house on the aluminum siding and they're going to use some acrylic paint, but first they must sand some spots and prime them to make the top coats adhere properly. Does that guy you hired need to apply for permits and make sure nothing becomes airborne for youngsters [or even adults] to breath in while he's sanding away ??

Why is it, you think these non-professionals are different and don't have to comply ??