• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Painting HDU foam...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, back then, it was mostly only a few types from which to choose. The place was near miami florida. They had so many signs laying around... some in the shop, some outside and they were all that yellow ochre color base. I'm just repeating what I was told. Hearing some of these people say it gets crumbly, is probably what he meant.

Most of the sandblasted or carved signs we made over the years were either clear-heart vertical grain redwood or cedar. For every 30 signs of wood, we might've made one foam sign..... and we used to make a heap of wooden sandblasted signs. Whether you're painting foam, wood, cardboard or anything, you should always paint both sides to prevent any type of warping. As the paint dries, it will either bow, cup, twist and other things if both sides are not painted.