• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paneling help needed

signshoppdx

Printing a huge sign, made up of 6 - 4x8’ panels. Having trouble getting the text in the middle ones to line up.
I’m considering making a 16’ print and mounting to two boards at once and then cut the seam. Any suggestions???

unclebun

Print each panel with at least a 1" bleed all around. Start with the center two panels. Mount the print on one, being extra careful to center and level it. Then put the board next to it together with it on the easel or table, butted up to it and level. Mount the print, being careful the lettering lines up with the panel next to it. Rinse and repeat to the left and right.

2B

paneling is easy once you find the method that works for your shop

for us, we use the following
  • make sure your substrate is the same size
    • trim as needed
  • in the design program, place VERY SMALL AND FAINT registration marks in the 4 corners at the same size of the substrate panels
    • Doing this in the design program allows you to stick without having the panels lay next to each other.
  • print and laminate as normal.
  • Use the registration marks for alignment
  • when installing, make sure you go the same direction for each panel
    • there is a STRONG possibility that the vinyl will stretch / shift and by going the same direction and with the same application method. the end result will be consistent
we just completed an 8-panel sign that was under 1/32 difference from panel 1 to panel 8