• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Panther 24" Cutter Drivers

ruckstande

Can anyone point to where I might find drivers for an old Panther 24" plotter. I'm trying to see if I can get it working again. Thank you.

thewvsignguy

we have a similar model (Vinyl Express) but Panther is GCC I believe...

Try the Vinyl Express GRC-61 (24" plotter) and see if that will work.

ruckstande

Thank you. Unfortunately I think there may be an even bigger problem. After you load vinyl and press load sheet, a bunch of random numbers shows up and it stops functioning.

thewvsignguy

could be the main board going out....

Or if you are trying to send info to the plotter there may be a communication error? Are you using the serial cord and what version of Flexi are you using?

Again try GCC for the replacement parts if you need them. Been a few years ago but got a new mainboard for around $300, the X or Y axis servo motor output on the board went out, had a new one and sure beats buying a new plotter.

avatrx

I have that same panther cutter. it came with some disks, but ran on windows 7 which I no longer use. can I use Vinylmaster to cut? if so - what is the process? I know the Sure Cuts a Lot v5 will cut to it, but I'll be getting an older (but new) US Cutter from a friend at the end of June. I'd thought about buying the Vinylmaster basic cut software, but would like to know if I could use it to run the Panther. There are no drivers showing for it in the demo version of the software. Just wanted to familiarize myself with the actual basic software before I get the US Cutter.

thanks in advance.

Retro Graphics

how are you connecting to it? I had to get a keyspan usb dongle to hook my 30" panther to my PC. that took a special driver too.
TRIPP-LITE keyspan Model: USA-19HS

avatrx

I have a couple of disks. one has HASP files. I don't remember what those are. but it won't work using those. it will work thru SCAL5. that program just found the cutter and cut to it, but I'd really like to use Vinylmaster. Since a friend is giving me her 'never used' US Cutter, but she's out of town until the end of June. I have the demo version but it doesn't show that it recognizes the Panther Cutter.

I have the books, the disks, etc for the Signwarehouse Panther 24" but I think they date back to 2002 - which is why they don't run on windows 10. I think I can use Corel X17 with Sign Tools, but again - I really would like to use the Vinylmaster basic if I can get it to recognize the Panther cutter. I know it will work with the US Cutter, but hoping to learn it a little better before I get that one. I just don't want to spend the $$ if it's not going to work - I'll have to wait.