• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

panther 24 inch plotter

purchased my plotter about 3 years ago; never gave me any trouble used it day and night but finally plotter got sick last week when we unroll media motor goes left and right well now it stays stuck to one side anyone know what could be wrong with; it should be something minor

S

Sign-Man Signs

I bet it's your "Y" servo motor. You can call tech at SW and they'll run you through the routine of tracking it down. The one we replaced was about $75.00 dollars. It was an easy install. Call or pm me if you need more info. Also make sure your media handle is all the way down. Sometimes when they get used alot the don't go all the way down. Just push it down and try it again.

511graphix

I good thing to do while your cutter is down is to take all the panels off and clean with air and lint free rag. when you take the top off watch for the wires that go to the LCD screen and controls, wipe down your rails mainly get the dust off of them. side covers are hard to get off. pull the bottom of them on the outer bottom sides. have fun.... but for your problem that sucks bad. I have panther 24" to. so let us know what was wrong with it . I ve been thing about whats going to break.......

511graphix

ImaSIGNr I was thinking the same thing. but they arnt talking about the vinyl moving their talking about the cutter head not moving. if I was them I would also reinstall the production manager If you still need help goto www.gccworld.com and turn on your cutter and read the LCD it should say Jagaur II thats the real name

Last edited:

joshGN

ImaSIGNr I was thinking the same thing. but they arnt talking about the vinyl moving their talking about the cutter head not moving. if I was them I would also reinstall the production manager If you still need help goto www.gccworld.com and turn on your cutter and read the LCD it should say Jagaur II thats the real name

I know this thread is old...but I just had my panther 'brick' on me. It wont get past the boot menu. Called sign warehouse and they wanted to charge me for tech support over the phone. I went ahead and let them and the they weren't much help at all. I found this post and called GCCWorld and they were much more helpful and instead of wanting me to buy a new plotter like SW, they are helping me and sending me parts, that if dont correct it, I can send back, unlike SW.

So the short version is I'll never buy anything again from Sign Warehouse...