• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Pantone 306 2X CVC. What is "2X"?

Moze

Precision Sign Services

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-07-18-11-11-25.png
    Capture+_2019-07-18-11-11-25.png
    292.6 KB · Views: 255

mpn

It's a printing term for double strike. It takes a double strike on the press to get that color.

Lea Marc

Thanks. Our old Mimaki had the capability to "double-strike" a print. We used that option when printing to clear backlit vinyl. I was told our HP360 can't do that.
Could you create a new profile with a higher saturation level to mimic the double-print? We have an HP360 too but on our Roland we can overprint 2 or even 3 times.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Could you create a new profile with a higher saturation level to mimic the double-print? We have an HP360 too but on our Roland we can overprint 2 or even 3 times.

Little more complicated than that. Our print tech installed the "latest & greatest" version of the RIP (Flexi Print Manager). Now the signs we're trying to print to match what we had previously done for the airport won't come out right. Huge color shift among other problems. Same exact file, same pantone colors, just changing the verbiage.

1. printing vector & raster elements as pdf. We found that Corel drop shadows are causing the color shift. Prints fine without the drop shadows.

2. on other pdf prints (no drop shadows) but with transparent images (no background) all print with a darker or light box behind those images. If I powerclip those images into a shape they're fine

I blame the updated software but our print tech is insisting it has nothing to do with it. And doesn't know how to revert back.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
confirmed. same exact file, same pantones.
One as pdf with a poweliped/clipping mask raster image(rgb). All colors fail
The other with no raster at all. Colors are perfect.

Luckily only 1 of the signs has a raster image. Solution to get these signs out is to print without the image and stick on a separate decal. Not ideal but these signs won't be viewed closer than 10 ft.