• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pantone 872...

bendeane

I know this is a silly question, but what would be the best way to match the hue of Pantone Gold 872? I'm using Flexi 8.6 and a double sided super smooth PET banner material. Any suggestions?

Custom_Grafx

Best way would be to use a spectro and a custom profile.

Illustrator brings up 20/30/70/15 or 171/150/93 for RGB, when converted from PMS.

Or, you could put 10 squares next to each other with slightly different values and through trial and error pick the best square?

SolitaryT

The most tedius yet effective I've found, if you have the time and material to spare, is to print PMS swatches on the material. Then, like Mr. Custom_Grafx says, it's trial and error.

Rooster

We always used to use either 100Y 20M 35K or 100Y 35M 20K to get a decent "fake" gold hue when I was working in the offset world. I can't remember which way the M and K values split, but I'm pretty sure on the numbers.

Using the LAB specs for most metallics tends to produce a casted version that doesn't look quite right when converted to process.