• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paper Application Tape Problems, HELP

george1948

Using GXp 775 PerfecTear plus main tape medium tac., Rapid tac 2 app fluid, Oracal 651 vinyl
Having issues wet application,
after applying, then wetting the app tape with RAPID TAC to help release the app tape, have several stringy residue left, it is a PAIN to remove, makes the job much longer and makes me look bad.

I have tried to pull it off without wetting, does the same.

SEE PHOTO

I bought this roll, it says in listing NO STRINGY RESIDUE LEFT.

ANy ideas, Bad Tape?
George IMG_20140502_111847.jpg IMG_20140502_112016.jpg IMG_20140502_112016.jpg IMG_20140502_111847.jpg

fresh

Did you try doing it dry? ... Also, it looks like that is just soaking wet app tape, you should be able to remove it from the vinyl. Perhaps you just need to wait for it to dry off a little bit? Why are you doing this wet anyway?

george1948

Did you try doing it dry? ... Also, it looks like that is just soaking wet app tape, you should be able to remove it from the vinyl. Perhaps you just need to wait for it to dry off a little bit? Why are you doing this wet anyway?

Wet allows repositioning and bubble removal..

Tried it dry, too many bubbles ,. the tape peeled better but still left residue.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Wet allows repositioning and bubble removal...

The need for repositioning is most often a direct result of a dearth of common sense and bubbles are the inevitable product of a dubious application technique.

shoresigns

Would be helpful to know whether you've used this tape before, or are you trying it for the first time? Have you called your supplier for advice?

We only use a couple of types of application tape - mainly the cheap house brand from our supplier and I've never had the tape leave anything behind on any surface.

george1948

Would be helpful to know whether you've used this tape before, or are you trying it for the first time? Have you called your supplier for advice?

We only use a couple of types of application tape - mainly the cheap house brand from our supplier and I've never had the tape leave anything behind on any surface.

FIrst time using, Bought from a reputable large dealer, I did email, but said in a few words, my problem, won't buy from them again for sure.

striper14

while nowadays I try to do everything dry cos its quicker, i still like doing big decals wet if I've got time...I was getting a similar problem with some R tape i was using a while back..very messy..i found you just have to go & do something else for 10 minutes & let it dry, then it peels off cleanly...must be time for a coffee...

edgette

I only use the r tape 4075 RLA. Others I have used just don't work as well for me. I'd also be a plus one on a dry installation. I used to do everything wet but found using different fluids were a PITA. Take the extra time to make sure your work is straight and perfect your squeegee technique so you don't get bubbles.

Speedsterbeast

Those who never use wet application tend to be very proud of that fact and often condescending on those who do. For large graphics without air release media I usually apply wet as well. My guess is the tape might be from old stock. I have tried to apply using old tape and I had a hell of a time with it. Or try using medium tack if indeed it's high tack.
Oh and +1 for letting the fluid soak into the tape for a minute or two before removing.