• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Papers and the L360

dypinc

Anybody having success with papers and the L360. Seems to be a different animal than the L25500 or 26500 when it comes to papers. Probably the way the heating element design so close to the printing zone.

Anyway have a real battle this afternoon. I know it winter but I am able to keep the humidity between 30 and 40%.

Back Ink density down 80% heat at 190 still having cockling going. Job just mighty have to be done on film or done on the aqueous. Customer might not like the cost though.

Any 10 to 18mil papers working for you on the L360?

ProColorGraphics

I have had good luck with the Fibermark papers. I also used a waterproof poster paper from the MM here, I think it was Signworld

Bly

I've found only coated solvent paper to print well in mine.
Lucky I still have a couple of 25500s to print cheap posters on.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
I bought a roll of HPCG421A HP Photo-realistic Poster Paper because it says for latex only, but it prints like crap on my 360. I set the temp down to 150 at 16 pass and still it buckles and warps enough to scrape the top of the heating element area, and the prints come out blotchy and uneven finish anything less than 100% ink at every temp and pass setting i've tried. I'll have to give Magic solvent papers a try again.

MMG

I can recommend you one paper that have been tested and work perfectly and which have the thickness you require:

HP Super Heavyweight Plus Matte Paper (10.2 mil)

There are also several other papers with similar thickness:

HP Professional Gloss Photo Paper (E4J42A, E4J43A, E4J44A, E4J45A) (9.8 mil)
HP Professional Satin Photo Paper (E4J46A, E4J47A, E4J48A, E4J49A) (9.8 mil)
Shil 3686 TriSolv™ PrimeArt Paper (8 mil)

I've checked the HP Photo-realistic Poster Paper on the HP Media Solutions Locator and it's only compatible with the HP Latex 260/280, HP Designjet 25500 and HP Latex 820/850.

Dan360

We used Magic PosterMax on our 360 ever since we got it, only recently used some Briteline paper due to availability.

For the thicker stuff we used Endura C2S 18, though our supplier stopped carrying it. They all take a little work to dial in, lower heat and ink density but once they're profiled they ran well.