• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parser module cannot parse the file.

threeputt

Please help me with this one. I like to do my layout in Omega, then export it as an.ai file to then be imported by PhotoShop. (for effects, etc.) This almost always works great. Today, I'm getting the error message above.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that this is the client's artwork and maybe the text isn't curves? Or what's going on? When I work strictly in Omega, there's not this problem.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Is there a special effect being used that perhaps isn't supported for AI export?

Are you using the AI export filter near the top of the list or the one near the bottom?

You might want to try a select all and then remove any existing smart edit features before exporting

threeputt

I use the one at the top. But there is gradient on a couple of shapes, could that be it? BTW, this is the very file you helped me with, Fred.

threeputt

Also, related issue. As I mentioned, I like to layout in Omega. But if I can't export as an .ai file, (for whatever reason) then I must export as .tif or .bmp both of which shift the colors. The background white is not white but rather comes into PS as 6-3-4-1 CMYK model.

Still another problem, ultimately I have to import the file into Corel (if it's going to have a cutline) because that's the only program that I have that will allow me to assign the "CutContour" command that VersaWorks interprets as a cutting path.

So here I am going from Omega, to PhotoShop, back to Corel everyday if the file needs to be print and cut.

If it's just print, I can assign colors and export through Omega as an .eps file directly to Versaworks, no problem there.

I've very interested in conversing with anyone who may have Omega as their primary draw program, but output to a digital printer. Especially Roland.

WOODBS

same thing happening with this logo..?

Attachments

• H4W_3color_new.jpg
    H4W_3color_new.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 81