• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Parts for a VJ628

ReginaK

I am on the hunt for a particular part for our unit and for a manual to help me tear this thing apart. I have been unable to find anyone in my area to help me service this machine. This is the piece I am looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_140044951.jpg
    IMG_20200813_140044951.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20200813_140052730.jpg
    IMG_20200813_140052730.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 106

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That part only comes from Mutoh as an assembly with a bunch of other parts for $595. I can tell you though that, unless there is physical damage, that part shouldn't go bad really. You might just need a new cap top. What's the issue with the machine?

ReginaK

I broke the part that holds the cap top on, trying to get the cap top off. We have tried gluing it and nothing wants to hold. This machine hates me. I have been having color issues with it now, I loose magenta and yellow. I replaced the cap top once and it did not work. I was working with our ink agent and he had me take the cap top off to check the lines and that is when it broke.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I broke the part that holds the cap top on, trying to get the cap top off. We have tried gluing it and nothing wants to hold. This machine hates me. I have been having color issues with it now, I loose magenta and yellow. I replaced the cap top once and it did not work. I was working with our ink agent and he had me take the cap top off to check the lines and that is when it broke.

Gotcha. I would look around to see if anyone is selling used parts for that machine on Ebay. Otherwise, the only way I know how to get that part is the $595 route unfortunately.