• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parts for HP Latex

CC-CMYK

Does anyone have recommendations on a place to buy replacement parts for HP Latex printers?

I have a L110 and I may have to replace a hard drive and I know it needs a new carriage belt as well.

CC-CMYK

Let me tell you, you are wasting money if you try to fix that 79:04 with a new hdd. If it really only appeared after firmware upgrade.

What can I do to fix this problem? I’ve tried downgrading firmware. However, the last firmware update I had was in 2015 and I can’t find that.

I’ve tried a hard reset but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well did you run the hdd recovery in service?

Did you try the previous firmware NEXUS_02_13_00.4 ?

Last edited:

CC-CMYK

Yes. I did Service Menu>Service Utilities>Hard Disk Recovery>Unsecured Hard Disk Erase.

It still gives me the 79:04 error when I try to reconnect and print.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What profile are you using? Some custom one? Did you resync profiles to the RIP?
What if you try generic?

CC-CMYK

What profile are you using? Some custom one? Did you resync profiles to the RIP?
What if you try generic?
I deleted all downloaded icc profiles and uninstalled the printer from flexi. When I go to reinstall as it’s loading about half way I hear a ding from my printer and the error 79:04 pops up.

I can’t even get to the point of printing anymore.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well that is strange. Just confirm what firmware you have installed on it now?

I would even go and reinstall flexi. Sometimes when flexi breaks its the only way to fix it but now it's something in between them.

CC-CMYK

I believe I have nex
Well that is strange. Just confirm what firmware you have installed on it now?

I would even go and reinstall flexi. Sometimes when flexi breaks its the only way to fix it but now it's something in between them.
i believe it nexus_02_14_00

I just uninstalled and reinstalled flexi and did the hard disk recovery and no luck.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Just triple check your network settings and the cable. Kind of running out of simple stuff to try.

And yeah also downgrade the firmware if you didn't do that already.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Sounds like maybe flexi has a problem with these newer firmware. Is your flexi updated to newest version?

I could see there being a problem if your flexi is from 2015 and now this new FW from 2021. It's not impossible to have problems like that.

Last edited: