• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC 60 colour settings profiles?

dweavers

I am trying to print some deep blues with my PC60 using CMYK and have printed out various swatches with straight cyan and adding 10% increments of magenta to see what comes out. I noticed that when printing straight cyan it will also throw down about 5% yellow and 5% magenta and when you get to the end of the swatches these percentages increase, so I am unable to get true output of colours as the yellow will naturally green up the swatch.
I am using Illustrator 10 and XP.
and have the colour setting to emulate illustrator 6.
Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong and what is the best colour settings that you have used to achieve a good result. I am not needing 100% accuracy just a good and fair printout.
All the reds, greens, yellows etc seem to print ok. Just the blues a pain.
There is no rip software used, just printing straight from illustrator.

StreamlineDesign

You might want to try checking out the spot-color blue cartridges from Zero-Nine. It could save you a lot of time and effort and you would end up with a more consistent color.